jbourne
Hi all,

I'm not able to use the Carplay functionality at all.

System says "Please connect phone". Then,

1) if I'm using wireless (and set to "Wireless" in the settings) and connect with Bluetooth, it says "Please insert the box into the USB port"
2) if I'm using wired (and set to "Wired" in the settings) and connect with a wire, it also says "Please insert the box into the USB port"

In both cases, if I disconnect from Bluetooth or unplug the wire, it returns to saying "Please connect phone".

Using an authentic Apple cable.

Both box and Autoplay software are updated to the latest. RSNav may not be latest, no idea, but I don't think it's a RSNav function?

Anybody know what's going on?
Milezzon
Hi jbourne,

Did it work earlier? I got all these problem as you describes them when I updated app and box to latest firmware/software. I do not run Carplay but Android Auto but the problem is the same as you describes it. Just wait for a app update/box update. ๐Ÿ˜„

A tip is not to try downgrading the firmware of the box manually.

See this thread .

Regards
Erik
2016 Audi A3 8V 2.0 TDI Quattro, MMI Low/standard, RSNAV 7" Android 7, Hardware Version 3.0
jbourne
Originally Posted by: Milezzon

Hi jbourne,

Did it work earlier? I got all these problem as you describes them when I updated app and box to latest firmware/software. I do not run Carplay but Android Auto but the problem is the same as you describes it. Just wait for a app update/box update. ๐Ÿ˜„

A tip is not to try downgrading the firmware of the box manually.

See this thread .

Regards
Erik

Nope, it has never worked. I actually upgraded thinking it would make things better....

Basically, there's a blue LED that blinks, then a red one blinks and the Bluetooth hotspot appears, then it says "connect box" and everything goes off, then it goes back to blue ... then red ... then just keeps cycling like this.
sabad66
are you using the USB filter? or do you have the newer harness that has the filter built in?
jbourne
Originally Posted by: sabad66

are you using the USB filter? or do you have the newer harness that has the filter built in?

Good question - i think so, yes. My whole unit is from october 2019 so i suspect so.

very frustrating. i bought the whole thing for carplay and canโ€™t make it work ...
Nemeth27

Mine didn't work correctly until I bought a powered hub and put it in my arm rest and powered it with the aux port. 

sabad66
I think October was right around when they started including the filter built in the harness. So you may or may not have it. I think the easiest way to tell is the price you paid... was it 625 or 635 usd? 635 usd would have the built in filter.

Anyways I have a thread on a similar issue and was able to fix it by shortening the USB cable on the harness (I have the older harness without built in filter). Iโ€™ll post the details in the other thread