MugurMarius
I sent an email to daniel in october seeing on homepage that 8.8" will be dumped and I asked him if there are chances that 8.8" will be present for the update.

He said like this:

Hi,
not certain, very unlikely.
The current will be discontinued for sure and we are not sure if we will offer it in the new platform.
Thank you. Regards.
Daniel KIM
RSNAV.com

Based on his response, i ordered from old platform...now it tells on homepage that 8.8" will be present with the new platform.

Thanks Daniel for making me buying your old platform stock.

I'm kinda disappointed with this approach, make people believe that you need to buy old platform since it wont come to new platform, and then, after old platform stock vanishes, announces the new platform :)

Very professional 🙂
Pakidermo5000
Originally Posted by: MugurMarius

I sent an email to daniel in october seeing on homepage that 8.8" will be dumped and I asked him if there are chances that 8.8" will be present for the update.

He said like this:

Hi,
The current will be discontinued for sure and we are not sure if we will offer it in the new platform.
Thank you. Regards.
Daniel KIM
RSNAV.com

Based on his response, i ordered from old platform...now it tells on homepage that 8.8" will be present with the new platform.

I'm kinda disappointed with this approach, make people believe that you need to buy old platform since it wont come to new platform, and then, after old platform stock vanishes, announces the new platform :)

Very professional 🙂

Not that I want to defend Daniel, but the homepage says that 8.8" is only available for A4 B8.5 (2015). All other A4 2008-2014 are out. So, may have given you the right info.
MugurMarius
I said to him that i have 8.5 (facelift)...
TimWatts
Originally Posted by: MugurMarius

He said like this:

Hi,
Thank you. Regards.
Daniel KIM
RSNAV.com

Very professional 🙂

Daniel is very professional and up front with information available at the time that information is shared.

I have deeper insight into the background workings of Daniel and how he is trying to support the community since I am close to Daniel (1.5 hr drive away) and passionate about helping build the community and bring great options such as this forward with continual improvement. Daniel did talk to me about the fact that the new manufacturing plant did not have an 8.8" unit in their current offerings to be able to have him work with them to customize it to RSNAV specs to be able to provide it.

Daniel is an organization of one ... pretty much, and as such, only has so much capacity to move the platform forward and improve the offerings and provide support.

The discussion we had was around what the initial offerings would be based on what were already providing solid sales. The 8.8", while popular, is no where near as popular as the 10.25" model based on actual units sold. The choice at that time was an easy one, work with the new factory to build and release a much improved 10.25" model, generate some sales, build a relationship with the new manufacturer to prove that the sales will come, and then they would believe in Daniel to possibly look at expanding the product offerings to also include the 8.8" model.

When Daniel made the post that the 8.8" was not likely to come to market again, that was based on solid information at that time.

Since then, something has changed from outside of Daniel's control, and that the manufacturer may now be in a position to work with Daniel to also develop a 8.8" model, in addition to the 10.25" model.

Tim

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors