Dave
Last month for my birthday, my friends got together and ordered me the RSNAV standalone Carplay kit for my 2011 Audi S4.

It came in, and I installed it according to the guide online, and the included manual.

When I connected my phone via USB, it correctly detected carplay and asked if I wanted to enable wireless carplay. If I hold the NAV button for 3 seconds, a click can be heard, and the MMI screen goes black. It never displays anything. If I press NAV again, it switches back to Audi MMI, which works fine.

While in "black"/RSNAV mode, I can use the voice control button to summon Siri and play music, which sounds fine through the Aux input. I just get no video from the RSNAV box.

While in RSNAV mode, if I shift into reverse, it switches to my reverse camera. And when I put it back in drive, it switches back to the black screen.

It seems to me that this must be a faulty RSNAV unit. I got one email back from daniel, who suggested that it was probably the LVDS connector. But, correct me if I'm wrong here, if I get the factory MMI showing correctly, it can't possibly be the LVDS connector - because that means the video signal is making its way from the factory MMI unit, to the RSNAV unit, then being passed through back up to the screen. If there was any broken link in that chain, the screen would be black all the time, NOT just when RSNAV is active. He suggested I try wiggling or putting pressure on the RSNAV LVDS connector while the screen was black. I tried, but obviously it made no difference.

My friend ordered the same product for himself after mine came in, and I installed the unit in his 2016 S4 over the weekend. It works fine, so obviously I know how to install these units.

It's over a week between each email reply I receive. I understand the unforseen issues daniel has had (and has been updating on the website), but is there really NOBODY else capable of addressing support emails and exchanges/returns? There are two other people on Audizine who have posted about the same exact issue as me.
DennisMitchell
Could be a defective unit. Could be your friends MMI is different than yours. Basic MMI systems have smaller, lower resolution screen, while Nav systems usually have 7" higher resolution. Is there any dip switches on the CarPlay unit for resolution? Thats my 2 cents.
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, MMI HN+, B&O audio, RSNAV 8.8" Android 6, Hardware Version 1
Dave
Both of our MMI screens are the same. This is a B8 S4 vs a B8.5 S4. We both have nav, backup camera, bluetooth. The part number for the screens is the same.

I tried the dip switches in the correct configuration (as confirmed by Daniel), as well as several other configurations, and they made no difference.

I can probably borrow my friend's unit and plug it into my harness and see if it works.
DennisMitchell
"I can probably borrow my friend's unit and plug it into my harness and see if it works."

Well that should prove whether defective. Fortunately should not take a lot of time since only pull radio and heater control and not touching harness. Unfortunate that customer support has been limited by RSNAV.
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, MMI HN+, B&O audio, RSNAV 8.8" Android 6, Hardware Version 1
Mdube72
Have you had any reply from them ? Do you have 8 dip switches or 6 on your unit ? I have a 2012 Audi S5 with MMI, Nav, backup camera. I also can’t get the unit to display. I can get Siri to work through voice command but that’s it. It’s maddening as I have installed many high end audio systems in the past and installing this was a breeze. I have 8 pins on my unit but there is NO instruction on how to set them on my car.
What did Daniel say your correct pin configuration is ? What button are you using to try to get the unit to display on your screen ?
Dave
Perhaps they should remove "Our product is 100% working and tested before shipping out" from the returns page, since it's obviously  bullshit .
Dave
Just a quick update in case anyone from google comes across this thread.

Daniel asked me to ship the unit back to CHINA at my own expense with the promise that I'd be reimbursed for the shipping cost once received. I shipped it back over a month ago, and Daniel assured me that it would take less than 30 days before my replacement unit or refund were received. However, unsurprisingly, he's now not responding to emails and I'm going to have to issue a claim/chargeback on my credit card to recover my funds. It's very sad, but I will be sure to leave reviews of my experience with RSNav everywhere I can find.

To people who may read this from Google - keep the following in mind:

RSNav standalone CarPlay connection box is not a proprietary RSNav product. The box you receive will not be RSNav branded, because it's a third party product drop-shipped from China. You can purchase the same exact product for less money on your own on AliExpress - and the added bonus of doing so is that you're protected by AliExpress's marketplace, escrow, and dispute system - unlike buying directly from RSNav, where your only recourse is a credit card chargeback. Forcing your customers to seek relief of your defective drop-shipped product by means of a credit card chargeback is an awful way to run a business.
sickday
Originally Posted by: Dave

Daniel asked me to ship the unit back to CHINA at my own expense with the promise that I'd be reimbursed for the shipping cost once received. I shipped it back over a month ago, and Daniel assured me that it would take less than 30 days before my replacement unit or refund were received. However, unsurprisingly, he's now not responding to emails and I'm going to have to issue a claim/chargeback on my credit card to recover my funds. It's very sad, but I will be sure to leave reviews of my experience with RSNav everywhere I can find.

RSNav standalone CarPlay connection box is not a proprietary RSNav product. The box you receive will not be RSNav branded, because it's a third party product drop-shipped from China. You can purchase the same exact product for less money on your own on AliExpress - and the added bonus of doing so is that you're protected by AliExpress's marketplace, escrow, and dispute system - unlike buying directly from RSNav, where your only recourse is a credit card chargeback. Forcing your customers to seek relief of your defective drop-shipped product by means of a credit card chargeback is an awful way to run a business.

I dont want do defend someone but please be aware that daniel is a one man show and he is working hard to answer all mails etc.
At the moment he or his family need a bit more time/focus for private reasons.

Yes you can use your creditcard refound-option but maybe the better/easier way is to send another mail to daniel.
Does your tracking id show that the package is delivered?
BR
Bernd
2015 Audi A4 TDI, MMI HN+, ASS + Eton, RSNAV 8.8" Android 7, Hardware Version 3
Pakidermo5000
Originally Posted by: Dave

No surprise it takes more than 30 days in such a busy period for China like this one with the " Singles day 11/11 in China, then with Black Friday and CyberMonday and all this with HongKong protests on the way".

Contact Daniel again as @sickday said and he will answer when he can.

Still I do not understand the will to use the bloody CarPlay. It is known by everybody that Apple's business is not compatibility with other systems, no matter which. I wonder what does CarPlay offer you that you cannot get from the RSNAV standalone. I can only think of reading messages, which anyway you should not do while driving and itunes, which you can get by pairing via bluetooth.

Actually one of the plus of RSNAV for me is that you do not need the phone for anything.

I hope you can solve the issue with Daniel