Swiftvision
Using OBDeleven device I was able to find a menu to turn 'AUX-IN' on. It also already had "Automatic AUX-IN turn on" on as well.

Although it would NOT let me enable the 'green screen' (kept saying 'turn on ignition' when it was on).

The RSNAV OEM screen showed that Diagnostics had taken place and a rescan showed the 'AUX-IN' on.

But sadly, the sound still does not play out of the RSNAV unit. The Bluetooth does not play in the car stereo.

IS there a special setting the OEM Concert stereo needs to be on to hear sound through the RSNAV? A setting? Anything?

If I push the dash button "AM/FM", the radio comes on.
If I push the dash button "SAT", Satillite radio comes on.
If I push the dash button "Media", the CD play comes on.

What do I push for the RSNAV sound?

??????????????????

UserPostedImage
wlbolton
Swiftvision,

In order to get sound from the RSNav Unit, all you need to do is press the Media button on the Concert Radio. This activates the AUX.

Also, you must have the AMI AUX 3.5mm Cable that connects in the glove box to the AMI and the 3.5mm cable connects to the RSNav Unit. The below link is provide to give you an ideal of the AMI Cable I am referring to.

Please note, you do not have to access any "green screens" to activate the AUX.

https://www.amazon.com/O...a-570738369825&psc=1 

Lastly, I just went out to my vehicle and placed a CD in my Concert Radio and it started. I press the "Media" button again, and it switches to the AUX Interface which allows the source to be the RSNav.

You definitely need the AMI Aux Cable. Hope this helps.
erik83
Originally Posted by: wlbolton

Also, you must have the AMI AUX 3.5mm Cable that connects in the glove box to the AMI and the 3.5mm cable connects to the RSNav Unit. The below link is provide to give you an ideal of the AMI Cable I am referring to.

Does the AMI cable really have to be connected to the RSNav unit? Page 11 of this installation manual  explicitly says to not plug the 3.5mm jack side into anything. Asking to see if the manual should be updated.
Not associated to RSNav, just a community member helping.
2012 A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro (B8.5), MMI 3G BNav (EU)
RSNav 10.25" Hardware 3 , Android 6, System: M8.q5.2.0.1.04122016, MCU: 7.6.1212, CAN: Q5.V2.0.2.181226
wlbolton
You are correct in the Installation Manual directing you not to connect the 3.5mm portion of the AMI cable. Also, I noticed the Installation Manual is for the HW3.0.

I have HW2.0, so there may be some difference with the upgraded software to activate Aux on the Concert Radio. Also, it appears there is some coding required now based on the installation Instructions.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance. Once you are able to get sound activated, you will absolutely love the system. I'm n the process of trying to add external amplifiers and change out all OEM speaker.

UserPostedImage DSC_0575  by Wayne Bolton , on Flickr
TimWatts
Originally Posted by: Swiftvision

Using OBDeleven device I was able to find a menu to turn 'AUX-IN' on. It also already had "Automatic AUX-IN turn on" on as well.

Although it would NOT let me enable the 'green screen' (kept saying 'turn on ignition' when it was on).

The RSNAV OEM screen showed that Diagnostics had taken place and a rescan showed the 'AUX-IN' on.

But sadly, the sound still does not play out of the RSNAV unit. The Bluetooth does not play in the car stereo.

IS there a special setting the OEM Concert stereo needs to be on to hear sound through the RSNAV? A setting? Anything?

If I push the dash button "AM/FM", the radio comes on.
If I push the dash button "SAT", Satillite radio comes on.
If I push the dash button "Media", the CD play comes on.

What do I push for the RSNAV sound?

??????????????????

UserPostedImage

If you keep pushing the media button, it will cycle through CD/SDS Card and AUX. Once the RSNAV is connected properly, you will get sound when AUX is selected using the media button. You will also be able to see your media selection in the top of the DIS display (as long as you have it set to show in there, as there are different view for the DIS display in the middle of the cluster).

Are you using HW 2.0 or 3.0?
Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
DennisMitchell
Plugging the AMI mini headphone jack adapter into the AMI port will activate AUX input. That is why the instructions say to do this even if the harness doesn't have a mini headphone socket. So if you have an AMI port, try plugging in this adapter. Then press the MEDIA button on MMI to receive the sound from RSNAV.

Hope this works for you.
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, MMI HN+, B&O audio, RSNAV 8.8" Android 6, Hardware Version 1
a_s-Oo4
I seem to be having a similar issue with my set up. I'm able to receive calls and hear via the center speaker, but I can't seem to get sound out of the RSNAV that isn't from MMI. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Any insight is much appreciated.
2011 Audi A5 2.0T Prestige Quattro, 6MT, MMI3G High, B&O, RSNAV 10.25", Android 7, HW3.0
sickday
Originally Posted by: a_s-Oo4

I seem to be having a similar issue with my set up. I'm able to receive calls and hear via the center speaker, but I can't seem to get sound out of the RSNAV that isn't from MMI. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

The center Speaker ist connected directly to the rsnav device. Because of this you are able to use navigation etc.
Do you have an AUX Connector or AMI installed at your car?
Is AUX selected?

In case of AMI i think you need to connect the AMI Adapter to the AMI Connector to enable AUX input
In case of AUX 3.5mm jack, have you tried to connect another device like your phone to this connector?
BR
Bernd
2015 Audi A4 TDI, MMI HN+, ASS + Eton, RSNAV 8.8" Android 7, Hardware Version 3
erik83

* Try checking the volume levels under Settings -> System volume; make sure that at least the "stream_music" is high in volume
* Have a look at Settings -> Sound Redirection Setup; The translations can sometimes be wonky, so don't trust the description too much. I'd say try switching to the option that is not selected is. I have this setting set to "disabled" and I can still hear the MMI radio regardless if I have the OEM MMI active or RSNav. I don't know about the original MMI navigation voice, since I never used it with voice on. At least it's worth a try.
RSNav 10.25" Hardware 3 , Android 6, System: M8.q5.2.0.1.04122016, MCU: 7.6.1212, CAN: Q5.V2.0.2.181226
a_s-Oo4

So all the bars for my System Volume are topped off and the sound redirection is disabled. I haven't used the OEM navigation, so I dont care much about it. I just mainly want to get sound from my RSNAV setup.

I have Aux enabled and I'm working with a MMI3G High set up. I also can select Aux as it is not watermarked.

I usually can troubleshoot things of this nature, but I'm stumped right now.

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Prestige Quattro, 6MT, MMI3G High, B&O, RSNAV 10.25", Android 7, HW3.0
erik83
Sorry man, I have no idea at this point. It almost sounds like there is a physical connection problem. As if the other speakers ain't connected.
a_s-Oo4
Anyone have any pointers? I've still been unable to fix this...
Pakidermo5000

Anyone have any pointers? I've still been unable to fix this...

Ok, I guess you are in HW3.0. If it is not like this, then you do need the jack.

To activate the sound you may need to activate the function in the green menu. Did you do that?

Then, in the MMI function for AUX, you have to select the source of the audio. I had it set to my JukeBox and I was getting no sound from RSNAV. I had to select the AUX in in there.
RS52011
So I just had my 8.8" screen installed in my RS5 B8 (2011), and the only sounds that are coming out of the RSNAV system are the clicking sounds when I touch the interface. I have the AMI/aux cable plugged in. Even my AMI/bluetooth doesn't play music anymore. Please help!
Pakidermo5000
Originally Posted by: RS52011

So I just had my 8.8" screen installed in my RS5 B8 (2011), and the only sounds that are coming out of the RSNAV system are the clicking sounds when I touch the interface. I have the AMI/aux cable plugged in. Even my AMI/bluetooth doesn't play music anymore. Please help!

If the rsnav outputs sound, it means it is ok. The rsnav has a funny way of outputting sound through different channels (music, notifications, etc). make sure they are all active and with volume up both in the android interface and also in the RSNAV settings Volume.

Then, in the AMI settings, make sure that the output volume (that of the MMI aux) is high enough.

RS52011
Originally Posted by: Pakidermo5000

If the rsnav outputs sound, it means it is ok. The rsnav has a funny way of outputting sound through different channels (music, notifications, etc). make sure they are all active and with volume up both in the android interface and also in the RSNAV settings Volume.

Then, in the AMI settings, make sure that the output volume (that of the MMI aux) is high enough.

When I turn the volume up in the settings and interface, the clicking sound gets louder, but still no music.

Update on bluetooth AMI... i got it working but the sound quality is very bad, and the sound is all coming from the phone, not the RSNAV.
TimWatts

When I turn the volume up in the settings and interface, the clicking sound gets louder, but still no music.

Update on bluetooth AMI... i got it working but the sound quality is very bad, and the sound is all coming from the phone, not the RSNAV.

Can you take and post a short video clip of the settings in the RSNAV, your MMI, and capture at least the clicking sounds of you touching the interface.
Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
RS52011
Originally Posted by: TimWatts

Can you take and post a short video clip of the settings in the RSNAV, your MMI, and capture at least the clicking sounds of you touching the interface.

Hey TimWatts, please find the video and images in the links below.

https://youtu.be/bQEfbjEPxhw 

https://imgur.com/a/TqjDKQm 
RS52011
Hey Swift, did you manage to solve your issue?

Has anyone had the same issue and got it fixed?

I have been using the bluetooth ami for now, and its not ideal.
TimWatts

Originally Posted by: TimWatts

Hey TimWatts, please find the video and images in the links below.

https://youtu.be/bQEfbjEPxhw 

https://imgur.com/a/TqjDKQm 

Sorry, missed your video and response until now. Ok, definitely have "sounds" coming from the installation.... So, then I am thinking that the volume level for the "music" is so low that you can't hear it ... but the volume level for the "clicks" is ok.

I'll go out into my car and take a photo and post it shortly of the volume levels in my setup so you can compare.

Here is the shot of my volume settings with RSNAV.
[img=https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnjfoTAjwdB8g65fO7ZFIIh6Tbit0A?e=WhilIh]Volume Settings in RSNAV[/img]