RS52011
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 12/18/2019
Originally Posted by: TimWatts


Sorry, missed your video and response until now. Ok, definitely have "sounds" coming from the installation.... So, then I am thinking that the volume level for the "music" is so low that you can't hear it ... but the volume level for the "clicks" is ok.

I'll go out into my car and take a photo and post it shortly of the volume levels in my setup so you can compare.

Here is the shot of my volume settings with RSNAV.
[img=https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnjfoTAjwdB8g65fO7ZFIIh6Tbit0A?e=WhilIh]Volume Settings in RSNAV[/img]



Hello Tim, thank you for replying.

I tried to play music with the same settings, and still no luck :(

TimWatts
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 7/27/2019

OK, I am a bit baffled ... you are on HW 3.0, with no need to use the 3.5mm jack from the AMI ... so, that is the same as me. I'll go and have a look through the rest of my settings, specifically in the Realsun settings to see if there is soemthing else we will need you to double check. 


Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
RS52011
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 12/18/2019

I appreciate that Tim,

I tried plugging the AMI aux into my phone and it does play music, but then cuts off straight away. I was just curious to see if it would work. I hope there's a setting somewhere that would fix my issue, it looks like a really solid unit.

RS52011
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 12/18/2019
Originally Posted by: TimWatts

OK, I am a bit baffled ... you are on HW 3.0, with no need to use the 3.5mm jack from the AMI ... so, that is the same as me. I'll go and have a look through the rest of my settings, specifically in the Realsun settings to see if there is soemthing else we will need you to double check. 



Hey Tim,

Hope you are well.


Sorry to keep bothering you, but have you found something that may help my issue? I never got android auto working too (maybe this relates to the sound somehow??)


I understand with the S2 coming up now, that the support for my device will be limited, but I really would like to get this working as it seems like it would be really great :(


Should I create a separate post with all my issues?


Thank you!

TimWatts
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 7/27/2019
Originally Posted by: RS52011

Hey Tim,

Hope you are well.

Sorry to keep bothering you, but have you found something that may help my issue? I never got android auto working too (maybe this relates to the sound somehow??)

I understand with the S2 coming up now, that the support for my device will be limited, but I really would like to get this working as it seems like it would be really great :(

Should I create a separate post with all my issues?

Thank you!



Hey! I'm happy to try and help ... But, I am a bit baffled as to what the issue could be since you are getting sound out of the unit. Granted this is just touch tone sounds, but sounds regardless.

If my calculations of the time zones are correct ... you are 9 hours ahead of me. For me it is 11:30 Sunday morning and I will be home for the day, fighting off a bit of a flu bug ...so happy to try and help if I can. I'm going to PM you my contact information. 


Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
RS52011
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 12/18/2019
Originally Posted by: TimWatts

Hey! I'm happy to try and help ... But, I am a bit baffled as to what the issue could be since you are getting sound out of the unit. Granted this is just touch tone sounds, but sounds regardless.

If my calculations of the time zones are correct ... you are 9 hours ahead of me. For me it is 11:30 Sunday morning and I will be home for the day, fighting off a bit of a flu bug ...so happy to try and help if I can. I'm going to PM you my contact information. 



Hey Tim,

I hope you get well soon.

I have an exciting update, yesterday the system started playing all sounds instead of just the clicking sounds. However today morning it reverted back to the same issue.


A few notes:

The audio worked with both the bluetooth AMI and the aux AMI

When it worked  an icon of a phone is next to the volume slider when I adjust the volume.

However when it's just the clicking sounds, an icon of a bell is next to the volume slider, even when the media volume slider is maxed out.

So there has to be a setting to change this, what made it change and work by itself i wonder?

I tried disabling the do not disturb, but it keeps re-enabling itself.

I read in the wiki that its advisable to update autoplay (which has yet to work for me) ill do that today after work

I want to try restarting the device but im not sure how, the power icon is not turning off the display. Maybe i should do a reset via realsun? Is that advisable?

Im glad to hear that my system is all good, and I feel im closer to getting it sorted out.


EDIT:

I rebooted the system through realsun and audio is working again! Im very happy right now :D

Not sure what makes it stop working.


Now im going to try to get autoplay working.




TimWatts
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 7/27/2019
Originally Posted by: RS52011

When it worked  an icon of a phone is next to the volume slider when I adjust the volume.

However when it's just the clicking sounds, an icon of a bell is next to the volume slider, even when the media volume slider is maxed out.

So there has to be a setting to change this, what made it change and work by itself i wonder?


I'm VERY happy to hear that ALL of the sounds are now working for you! That's great news! 

That's intersting ... ^^^^^^^  That's got to be at the root of the problem ... not sure what icon is showing for me ... But if you have problems again let me know and I'll go compare in my car to see if I can figure it out ... 

My car is put away for the winter right now, working on a big turbo build this coming summer. 

Now, enjoy the unit! Hopefully now you will have worked out all of the gremlins in your install/configuration. 

I've found once it's stable for how you use it, leave it. unless one of the releases fixes a major bug you are experiencing, once stable, just let it run smooth and enjoy!






Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
RS52011
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 12/18/2019
Originally Posted by: TimWatts

Originally Posted by: RS52011

When it worked  an icon of a phone is next to the volume slider when I adjust the volume.

However when it's just the clicking sounds, an icon of a bell is next to the volume slider, even when the media volume slider is maxed out.

So there has to be a setting to change this, what made it change and work by itself i wonder?


I'm VERY happy to hear that ALL of the sounds are now working for you! That's great news! 

That's intersting ... ^^^^^^^  That's got to be at the root of the problem ... not sure what icon is showing for me ... But if you have problems again let me know and I'll go compare in my car to see if I can figure it out ... 

My car is put away for the winter right now, working on a big turbo build this coming summer. 

Now, enjoy the unit! Hopefully now you will have worked out all of the gremlins in your install/configuration. 

I've found once it's stable for how you use it, leave it. unless one of the releases fixes a major bug you are experiencing, once stable, just let it run smooth and enjoy!







Thank you Tim for your help,

I hope your turbo upgrade goes as you plan!

Yes, I'm very pleased that I can listen to music through the system :D

Next, I'm going to try to get carplay/android auto working! :D

a_s-Oo4
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 10/22/2019
Originally Posted by: Pakidermo5000

Originally Posted by: a_s-Oo4

Anyone have any pointers? I've still been unable to fix this...



Ok, I guess you are in HW3.0. If it is not like this, then you do need the jack.

To activate the sound you may need to activate the function in the green menu. Did you do that?


Then, in the MMI function for AUX, you have to select the source of the audio. I had it set to my JukeBox and I was getting no sound from RSNAV. I had to select the AUX in in there.



Yes I am in HW3.0 running Android 7

I activated Aux from the hidden green menu and tried multiple versions of the Aux activation option. There are 8 modes to choose from total.

Would anyone who isn't having any sound issues be willing to post some snapshots of their settings?

I still have yet to get sound out of RSNAV so it has basically been a screen size upgrade with my OEM MMI interface.


2011 Audi A5 2.0T Prestige Quattro, 6MT, MMI3G High, B&O, RSNAV 10.25", Android 7, HW3.0
a_s-Oo4
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 10/22/2019

UPDATE: After taking some time to mess around with the settings, I was able to get my sound up and running through the apps on the RSNAV.

Just thought I should share... :)


2011 Audi A5 2.0T Prestige Quattro, 6MT, MMI3G High, B&O, RSNAV 10.25", Android 7, HW3.0
Users browsing this topic
    Forum Jump  
    • You cannot post new topics in this forum.
    • You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
    • You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
    • You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
    • You cannot create polls in this forum.
    • You cannot vote in polls in this forum.