Jones
Hello Community, I desperately need help!

I tried to install my RSNAV Android 7.0 3GB/32GB GPS Navigation for Audi 2G MMI High, it started well but after completion the Car won't start up when rsnav is plugged in and working..πŸ˜•
When I deplug it the car start up wihtout any problems and warnings..

Rsnav for itself seems to work fine, tested a lot, but the car just won't start up the engine and all kind of warnings apear in the dash when its plugged in..πŸ˜•

Seems like something is broken there at rs nav, the system just won't work and I think I'll have to rip it out, what a shame..

Is there anybody with such a system that is working??
Could someone tell me about how to plug the bypass lines correctly?
I think I wired everything correct but it just won't work without problems starting up the car..πŸ’€

Any help is highly appreciated!

Greetings
Jones
sickday
Originally Posted by: Jones

Hello Community, I desperately need help!

I tried to install my RSNAV Android 7.0 3GB/32GB GPS Navigation for Audi 2G MMI High, it started well but after completion the Car won't start up when rsnav is plugged in and working..πŸ˜•
When I deplug it the car start up wihtout any problems and warnings..

Rsnav for itself seems to work fine, tested a lot, but the car just won't start up the engine and all kind of warnings apear in the dash when its plugged in..πŸ˜•

Seems like something is broken there at rs nav, the system just won't work and I think I'll have to rip it out, what a shame..

Is there anybody with such a system that is working??
Could someone tell me about the wiring?
I think I wired everything correct but it just won't work without problems starting up the car..πŸ’€

Any help is highly appreciated!

Greetings
Jones

Maybe you need to check the BUS-Wires. Maybe the connector next to the glovebox.
As i know this red connector is the only wire that needs to be disconneced while installing the device.
Take a look at page 8
https://cdn.shopify.com/..._installation_manual.pdf 

BR
Bernd
2015 Audi A4 TDI, MMI HN+, ASS + Eton, RSNAV 8.8" Android 7, Hardware Version 3
VRilski
Try to disconnect the white main plug from the RSNav device and try to start the engine.
If the engine is not working, check all cables as @sickday wrote
or read errors from VCDS.
Jones
I checked the cables first like the instruction manual at page 8 says, nothing wrong, plugs are tight..
Don't forget I've the MMI2G version that is very a lot different from 3G and the manual is for 3G.

As soon as I disconnect the rsnav cable harnesses from the canbus slot and put back the red factory canbus-plug, the engine runs again and error codes disappear. πŸ’€
But when I put back the rsnav cable that says canbus in the place where the red original canbus plus was, in that the rsnav cable harness that says MMI and in that the original red canbus plug all kinds of error codes appear when I start ignition and engine won't start..

I'll try to connect everything and disconnect the white main plug to see if ignition gives warnings, unfortunately I don't have VCDS..

It's like the stuff I got isn't compatible to my car or I damaged a component..πŸ˜•

Could anyone tell me the right way to connect the cables? There's no manual at all and maybe I'm doing something wrong here..

So frustrating seeing the device work but the car not and other way around😒
sickday
As Canbus is designed like a ring you need to add the rsvav wire between the red plug and the black control unit.
As the manual shows it is very important that all wires were connected perfectly because one lost wire will cause issues like you have.

If i am correct you do not need to install the display to be able to start your car.
Only the Canbus bypass needs to be ok. While i was installing some additional gadgets like my dashcam i was testing a lot without an connected rsnav display.
BR
Bernd
Jones

IMG_20200103_160518.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_20200103_160518.jpg (307kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Originally Posted by: sickday

As Canbus is designed like a ring you need to add the rsvav wire between the red plug and the black control unit.
As the manual shows it is very important that all wires were connected perfectly because one lost wire will cause issues like you have.

If i am correct you do not need to install the display to be able to start your car.
Only the Canbus bypass needs to be ok. While i was installing some additional gadgets like my dashcam i was testing a lot without an connected rsnav display.

Thank

Thank you Bernd for your kind help!!

I double checked all cables and can't find any pin pushed out or cable bend but I found out that a little cable of the rsnav MMI harness came with a little squasing right above the connector holder..

The cable islolation is clearly damaged because I see metal shining through but the cable itself seems ok just the isolation, I doubt this is the reason but I'll try to fix it.. I just don't know how right now..

My order about the MMI2G Version came with three main harnesses:

one that says Canbus plug.. (with a plug and a connector holder that fits into the car's canbus)

and one that says MMI plug.. (with a plug and a connector holder that fits into the car's canbus)

and additionally a black head unit prelacement box that connects to the MMI harness and a fibre red cable-triangle that fits into the MMI station in the glovebox (2 plugs and 1 connector holder)

I'm nur sure if I connected it right even though I tried everthing possible.. I really don't know what to do..

Besides I'm no pro but I installed music entertainment in every single car I owned and always got the right result so I'm pretty in despair right now..

no helg from the rsnav guys at all..

Jones

IMG_20200103_160518.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_20200103_160518.jpg

I double checked all cables and can't find any pin pushed out or cable bend but I found out that a little cable of the rsnav MMI harness came with a little squasing right above the connector holder..

The cable islolation is clearly damaged because I see metal shining through but the cable itself seems ok just the isolation, I doubt this is the reason but I'll try to fix it.. I just don't know how right now..

I uploaded a picture that shows the cale from the side, that could it be..

VRilski

This is the connection in my A6C6.
Try:
-Unplug the main white plug of the RSNav device and try to start the engine.
- Disconnect the RSNav cable harness from the MMI2g module and connect the original audi
a male plug and try to start the engine.
If the engine starts
the RSNAv cables or plugs may be damaged.

​​​​​​​

Redacted

I am also having issues with my MMI 2G High system that I am trying to get resovled through support, and it looks like we might have the same point of failure - the wiring harness. My harness appears to have some slightly bent pins on the black MMI BYPASS connector, where you unplug the red female connector from the back of the MMI brain (above your climate control panel) and plug the black MMI BYPASS connector into. I have straightened these pins the best I can and pushed all of them into the housing to make sure they are connecting, and they plug into each other without any effort, but my system still does not work. 

Have you contacted Daniel Kim yet to troubleshoot? He had me talk to Jack at realsun, who is hopefully sending me another harness or complete system (waiting to hear back from him).

Jones

I finally found the answer for the malfunction I guess!

IMG_20200106_165858.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_20200106_165858.jpg (3,173kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

One of the cable harnesses had a unprofessional patched single cable hidden under the insulation tape (see atached photos), definitely not a factory-new article and a fraud to me!

This cable was the root of all my problems resulting in extreme difficulties and a dead car battery, a no go especially for this kind of money..!

I'm very disappointed that my decision to try your product has proven asa mistake, but I still like your product very much and want it very much to work.

I'll repair the cable professionally by friday and will see if it's the solution..

IMG_20200106_165715.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_20200106_165715.jpg (3,684kb) downloaded 16 time(s). IMG_20200106_165715.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_20200106_165715.jpg (3,684kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

Jones
Originally Posted by: Redacted

Have you contacted Daniel Kim yet to troubleshoot? He had me talk to Jack at realsun, who is hopefully sending me another harness or complete system (waiting to hear back from him).

I've contacted RSNAV through support mail and only got a ambiguous comment about a canbus tapped wire teardown, but there's no teardown, I only removed the black wraping tape and bend the single wires a little to seperate them from the damaged one..

I'm looking forward for his reply..

sickday

I think they are on holiday now. (normal holiday an Chineese new year) Hopefully you will get this fixed by your own to start enjoying the device.

You can replace the wires later :)

BR
Bernd
Jones

Finally received an honest answer from Kim, appreciate that..:

That cable manufacturer is always making troubles like that.

I will also warn them about it. we need to send you a new one, and I will be at the factory which made your unit 15th and discuss your problem with them then.

Please understand that that factory is now closing so things won't be as fast as we hope.
I feel sorry for this, but never expected this factory to close down due to decline in Economy.
Thank you. Regards.
Daniel KIM

Hope I can fix it myself on friday, I'll keep you updated.

Jones
Originally Posted by: VRilski

This is the connection in my A6C6.
Try:
-Unplug the main white plug of the RSNav device and try to start the engine.
- Disconnect the RSNav cable harness from the MMI2g module and connect the original audi
a male plug and try to start the engine.
If the engine starts
the RSNAv cables or plugs may be damaged.

I did exactly that and it solves the problem, so I know it has to be the rsnav canbus stuff, thank you.

Unfortunately I tried everything to make it work and couldn't let it be..

tried to start the engine over and over again and left interior light on over night, now my battery is dead.. hope that's the only thing that went dead..

such a mad experience

Redacted

Finally received an honest answer from Kim, appreciate that..:

That cable manufacturer is always making troubles like that.

I will also warn them about it. we need to send you a new one, and I will be at the factory which made your unit 15th and discuss your problem with them then.

Please understand that that factory is now closing so things won't be as fast as we hope.
I feel sorry for this, but never expected this factory to close down due to decline in Economy.
Thank you. Regards.
Daniel KIM

Hope I can fix it myself on friday, I'll keep you updated.

Wow, I should probably rip out my harless and remove the felt tape on all of it as well. Looks like a total inspection is in order... 

No excuse for that quality of workmanship when we've spent $800 on these systems. 

Jones

I finally managend to get the RSNAV system working without my engine dying after killing the car battery and many days of brood about it..
The rason was not a cheap fixed cable how I first thought, even though it was a cheap fixed cable, but in fact a wrong wired canbus harness, the part with MMI on it..!!

I followed the wires with a signal testing tool and realised, that one wire wasn't going through like in a ring feeding the display with a y-cable, but went to the Display directly without sending the signal through, and the counterpart cable too..

I finally cut off the counterpart wire to the system in despair and made an y-cable that sent the signal through the ring and also to the display and VOILA it worked.. I couldn't believe it!

The only issue I got now is that I have no information about open doors, speed and seat belts on the home screen but MMI screen is working and nearly everthing else exept I can't get no sound out of it..! I finally got a screen and a working engine!!

Sadly Daniel Kim didn't confirmed any new shipment with a new functioning harness and I think I'll never see a shipment arriving at my door, so I had expensive junk with no function until now..

If I would get any sound out of that system I would be satisfied I guess, goolge maps navigation and stuff works fine and that was the first reason I wanted to install the system, maybe I can get a solution for the rest too..

But it's a shame how it went down and I would'nt recommend this thing to anyone..

MANY THANKS TO ANYBODY REPLYING TO MY CASE!