petrich
Hello to the forum users,

I recently upgraded my RSNAV 8.8 to Android 7.
By default the autoplay app was installed on the Android 7 version that I downloaded from RSNAV repository
I had to install autokit.app as I am using a white AUtokit USB adapter for my iPhone 7.
I also upgraded the Box version just after I installed autokit.

But I am still having issue to launch Car Play

In the following vide, you can see that detection of the box seems unstable.
I imagine this is related to Car Play not being launched or my phone not being recognized...
Autokit remains indefinitely on the "connection Home page" and never manage to connect with my phone.

https://share.icloud.com...Wy5Cv83xkcAdNYgXcux6mqqQ 

Any ideas ?

Thank you all

Petrich
TimWatts
Originally Posted by: petrich

Hello to the forum users,

I recently upgraded my RSNAV 8.8 to Android 7.
By default the autoplay app was installed on the Android 7 version that I downloaded from RSNAV repository
I had to install autokit.app as I am using a white AUtokit USB adapter for my iPhone 7.
I also upgraded the Box version just after I installed autokit.

But I am still having issue to launch Car Play

In the following vide, you can see that detection of the box seems unstable.
I imagine this is related to Car Play not being launched or my phone not being recognized...
Autokit remains indefinitely on the "connection Home page" and never manage to connect with my phone.

https://share.icloud.com...Wy5Cv83xkcAdNYgXcux6mqqQ 

Any ideas ?

Thank you all

Petrich

I've just started having the same issue … I did an update of the autokit.apk ….

I think we will need to downgrade the version …. Previously the version from July 2019 worked … To downgrade will need to put the .img file on a usb key and plug the key into the usb adapter (autokit). I think then it will do the downgrade. Can't do a downgrade over the air.

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
petrich
Hi Tim,

Do you mean previous version of autokit, or previous version of Box Adapter ?

Any way, I would appreciate a feedback if this worked for you.

Thank you
TimWatts

Hi Tim,

Do you mean previous version of autokit, or previous version of Box Adapter ?

Any way, I would appreciate a feedback if this worked for you.

Thank you

Hi Petrich, Autobox … but … funny enough it worked this morning until I unplugged my iPhone 7+ … Then I couldn't get it to connect again, thought it might have been related to having upgraded to 1OS 13 … but when I couldn't get it to connect again … not so sure.

I'll try poking around with it this week to see if I can figure out how to get it working again … will post once I have anything worth sharing... :)

(This morning for a few hours it worked with the new iOS 13 CarPlay interface … Basically worked perfectly until I unplugged my phone)

Tim

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
petrich
Hi again,

I have ben able to downgrade to July version (072019) both the box adapter and the version of autokit AND I still am unable to get the app recognizing my iphone: since I upgraded my unit to Android 7, I have been unable to run Carplay with my autokit box adapter (white one)

I am stuck here and I don't have any answer from Daniel (@rsnav): I guess he is traveling...

Any update on your side Tim ?

petrich
TimWatts

Hi again,

I have ben able to downgrade to July version (072019) both the box adapter and the version of autokit AND I still am unable to get the app recognizing my iphone: since I upgraded my unit to Android 7, I have been unable to run Carplay with my autokit box adapter (white one)

I am stuck here and I don't have any answer from Daniel (@rsnav): I guess he is traveling...

Any update on your side Tim ?

petrich

Hi Petrich, didn't have time to go play around with it last weekend, although funny enough … I had upgraded to iOS13 on my iPhone and it "out of the blue" worked once last weekend 😁 ! … but 😕 then I shut my car off and then it went back to not working …

I'll take my car apart this morning to see if I can get it to work again.

I'll post my findings later today. 🙂
TimWatts
Ok. Can’t get it to not work now. Double check your connections into the adapter. I unplugged and reseated the Lightning connector into the adapter. Works like a charm now. Quickly connects. Works with iOS 13.

I’ll edit this on the PC to add a link to a quick YouTube clip to show it working as well as version information.

Software version is 2019.07.24.1644
Box version is 2019.07.29.1453

petrich
Interesting Tim. Thanks a ton for recording this short clip.

Will double check but I would say (from memory) that I am exactly under the same versions as stated ones on your side:

I will confirm this.

Do you also use a white autokit box adapter ?

As far as I am concerned, I am still stuck in the same condition: connection process running forever without ending up recognizing my iPhone7, iOS 13.1.2.

Will report back.

BTW, which Dashboard application are you using on your RSNAV unit ? It is clearly not the default one but looks great too !
TimWatts

Interesting Tim. Thanks a ton for recording this short clip.

Will double check but I would say (from memory) that I am exactly under the same versions as stated ones on your side:

I will confirm this.

Do you also use a white autokit box adapter ?

As far as I am concerned, I am still stuck in the same condition: connection process running forever without ending up recognizing my iPhone7, iOS 13.1.2.

Will report back.

BTW, which Dashboard application are you using on your RSNAV unit ? It is clearly not the default one but looks great too !

Hi Petrich, I'm using Car Web Guru .

Does the phone detect the connection and start charging?

Yes, I'm using the white autokit box adapter.

For the RSNAV unit, I'm on HW v3.0, I don't recall what firmware/OS version I'm on. If needed I can go see what that is.

petrich
Yes, my phone does detect it is connected to a device and start charging.

With regards to versions, I think I am using the exact same versions as you are (the last 4 digit differences on Soft versions look insignificant to me... but I don't know exactly...)

If you have any expertise on having a look at the logs file, I can probably share it here ... If I am able to extract it appropriately...

https://www.icloud.com/p...tiobk-Nq5-BPJfFVEjpmmz1g 
TimWatts

Yes, my phone does detect it is connected to a device and start charging.

With regards to versions, I think I am using the exact same versions as you are (the last 4 digit differences on Soft versions look insignificant to me... but I don't know exactly...)

If you have any expertise on having a look at the logs file, I can probably share it here ... If I am able to extract it appropriately...

https://www.icloud.com/p...tiobk-Nq5-BPJfFVEjpmmz1g 

It looks like you are using a newer version of the software, mine is a few days older July 24, not 29th.

Try downgrading to the July 24th version of the apk file.

petrich
I wish I could do the downgrade but I am unable to identify an apk file from 20190724 on the repository: http://112.74.112.110/download/ 

I can only find 20190729 directory.

Can you provide it to me ?
TimWatts
Let me dig around and see if I can find it today. Will be tinkering with the car today ... it's the weekend! :)

TimWatts
I see that there is a newer one ... while I dig around you might want to try this one in the meantime.

http://112.74.112.110/download/2019-10-30/yunlian/ 

Also, do you any other lightning connectors (an Apple genuine one) to try ads well, some times the connectors will look fine and allow for the charging connection, but will not be good enough for the data connection. I'm using a non-Apple connector, Amazon Basics connector in both my Audi and my Mercedes and they work fine in both cars.

TimWatts
Digging around in the XDA forums, and came across a relevant thread related to your symptoms. One user mentioned that flipping bluetooth on and off eventually got the phone to connect, then it was fine.

So give that a try ... The only way I think I will be able to get my version of the apk file off of the system is to try backing up the application and seeing where the heck Google stores the backed up files so I can share it with you ...
petrich
Thanks again for all the provided help Tim,

I have really tried everything here: new iphone cable (an appel one and an amazon basic), switching on and off Bluetooth from both the iphone and the rsnav device, as you suggested...
I have tried the different working modes (speed, fluency, compatible)
I have tried both Manual and Automatic Car Play setting from Autokit settings.

I am stuck !

It really seems that my RSNAV is stuck in a loop where it is constantly detecting the autokit box but never remains connected to it: see the following video

https://share.icloud.com...u4a8oksgOday1RBsmtFsYr5A 

This happened after I made the upgrade to android 7 (from android 6) with the ressources provided at http://wiki.rsnav.com/An...oid_6.0_from_Android_7.0 .

That would help me to be able to access some log files to understand better what's going on during the process of connectionm but I don't know where to enable logs or where to look at them...
petrich
Hey Tim,
I know it s been a while , but I just wanted to report here that I have been able to deal with my issue (somehow).
I decided to purchase a Carlinkit dongle wireless and wired just to give it a try. I went for this one: https://es.aliexpress.co...42311.0.0.43a963c05oLOqd 

And you know what: the wireless function works ;-)

No way to have CarPlay woroking properly by cable with this new dongle of with the white one.

Now I know for sure that there is a major change in power consumption between Android 6 and 7. And on my vehicle, it seems that I won't get Carplay by cable now that I have upgraded.

But now that I have tested CarPlay wireless, I am glad with it.

I know it may unstable at some point but nevermind.

Thanks again for your help
guacianiero
hello everybody. I have dongle carplay like @Petrich.. on my son's iphone it works but on my android device there is no way to get it started. On xda forum I read that the problem seems to be related to a power problem. I have bought this cable adapter "https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B071RHMN99/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" , and as said it only works with iphone. How can I solve the problem with my android device?
guacianiero
someone can you help me?