wilesmat
Hi I have just installed my 10.25 rsnav, it has bugs but overall I'm really quite impressed so far. I also have the Car play/ android auto dongle (wifi), when my Samsung S8 is plugged into the dongle it does nothing.. apart from slow charge the phone. there is a red light on the dongle, is this correct? What can be done to get this working?

Many Thanks,
Matt
DennisMitchell
Originally Posted by: wilesmat

Hi I have just installed my 10.25 rsnav, it has bugs but overall I'm really quite impressed so far. I also have the Car play/ android auto dongle (wifi), when my Samsung S8 is plugged into the dongle it does nothing.. apart from slow charge the phone. there is a red light on the dongle, is this correct? What can be done to get this working?

Many Thanks,
Matt

Just guessing, but did you launch the app that goes along with the dongle?
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, MMI HN+, B&O audio, RSNAV 8.8" Android 6, Hardware Version 1
wilesmat
Hi Dennis, I have been trying with the Android Auto app installed and running on the rsnav?
DennisMitchell

Hi Dennis, I have been trying with the Android Auto app installed and running on the rsnav?

I believe you need to start autokit / autoplay app before plugging in your phone to the dongle. You don't need to run Android Auto app on the headunit when trying to interface through dongle.
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, MMI HN+, B&O audio, RSNAV 8.8" Android 6, Hardware Version 1
wilesmat
Hi Dennis, I have tried and tried so many time, I have tried autoplay app before plugging phone, after plugging in phone, Filter/No filter, all I get is the phone reports that it's charging at a slow rate, autoplay (fully updated) just tells me to plug in the dongle! ๐Ÿ˜•

DennisMitchell

Hi Dennis, I have tried and tried so many time, I have tried autoplay app before plugging phone, after plugging in phone, Filter/No filter, all I get is the phone reports that it's charging at a slow rate, autoplay (fully updated) just tells me to plug in the dongle! ๐Ÿ˜•

Is the firmware on the dongle up to date. I would explore that. Did you get dongle from RSNAV?

There is a software update on the download page.

CarPlay USB Dongle Software Updates
Use this if your dongle is labelled with AutoPlay or USB Adaptor Click Here to download the app(occasionally updated)

Use this if your dongle is labelled with AutoKit Click here to download

Video showing September update to support iOS 12 devices

Video showing dongle update process

Downgrading Box Image: Download both apk and image file from the repository below. Put both files into a USB stick. Plug the USB thumb into RSNAV device. Run file manager app and install autokit/autoplay app. Disconnect USB thumb and connect CarPlay/Android auto dongle. Run Autokit/Autoplay app, plug USB thumb into the dongle, then it will downgrade the box image firmware. Follow the screen instruction.

If you see any error message like 'This dongle is not authorized' or any similar message, then try another app. E.g. Installed Autokit, getting the above error message, then uninstall Autokit in Apps, Settings(Android), and install AutoPlay. (Vice Versa)

CarPlay/Android Auto app/firmware repository
If you are having random music play stop or stability issue, you may want to try different versions of Autoplay/Autokit* app and firmware image that works the best with your setup. Click here to go to the repository See 'yunlian' folder for Autokit Apps.

rmt05
Neither the wired or wireless dongle work with any consistency for myself. Its the real weak link of the RSNAV system. I really wish Daniel would get his team to fix this once and for all.

Pioneer/Alpine/etc... all have stable ways of connecting phones to their receivers. Rsnav does not.
TimWatts
Ok. Canโ€™t get it to not work now. Double check your connections into the adapter. I unplugged and reseated the Lightning connector into the adapter. Works like a charm now. Quickly connects. Works with iOS 13.

Iโ€™ll edit this on the PC to add a link to a quick YouTube clip to show it working as well as version information.

Software version is 2019.07.24.1644
Box version is 2019.07.29.1453

Integrated Engineering (Sport Short Block | Sport Head Assy | Intake Manifold), Eurodyne Stg 2, AWE FMIC, ECS Lightweight Flywheel/South Bend Stg 2 Endurance Clutch, 034 Hi Flow SS Cat, Mototec SS Downpipe | SS Exhaust, GFB DV+, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Billet Transmission Mount Insert, 034 Density Motor Mounts, Apikol Rear Diff Mount, Alu Kreuz, 034 Density Front Control Arms, UR Strut Bars, AP Racing BBK 380(F)/330(R) floating rotors
DennisMitchell
Thanks for making this video. Your unit is working great. It is unfortunate that there are some many weak links to RSNAV implementation. Firmware and software versions, and USB connections are risk areas, besides the technical skill to install the hardware. Once we get it working well, we should be hesitant to make changes.

Enjoy.